Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY: Quick, Cheap, and Easy Fall Wreath

I love wreaths! I think they add such a homey feel to any place and now-a-days you can get so creative with what you can do with them.  I recently made our front door wreath for fall! It took me all of about 20 minutes and turned out super cute! (At least I think so anyway!)  I used a grapevine wreath from Michael's (they run them on sale for 3.99 most of the time!) and some flowers they had in fall colors for 60% off.  For the "S" and bow I used items I already had around the house.  The great thing about wreaths is that with a little floral wiring and hot glue you can pretty much get whatever you want to on there! When adding flowers I typically cut the stem a little longer and bend it to stick it in the wreath (to anchor it a bit) I always arrange the flowers how I like and then hot glue any places that need more support.  I then attached the "S" with some floral wiring to the bottom portion of the wreath and attached the chevron bow with wiring as well.  I can always add/change the flowers later on if I want to.  So for this cute front door addition I spent a whopping $6.51!




T

No comments:

Post a Comment